I've recently increased my Twitter Universe becuase a writer bestie of mine gushed about me *waves to Julie*. And while I am in complete aww of her and her writing abilities and the many, many tips she shares, I am humbled by her compliments. As an unpublished, trying to make my way through the slush, writer, I constantly second guess myself. Am I good enough? Will people like it? Am I just foolin' myself? Then, I have this super-fantastic group of writers who support me constantly and that group is growing.
What does this have to do with winners? Let me tell ya.
So, I got my first 2 comments on my blog this week! *happy dance* And one of those comments was from Angela at http://angelawritenow.blogspot.com/ and she said I'd won an award. Me? *blushes* *faints* Thank you, thank you very much. I'd like to thank the Academy...
Anywho, So I checked out her blog, which you have to read if you like snarky, funny, awersome chics and she was paying if forward with blog awards. I know, right? And I was on there for the Stylish Blogger Award. Finally, someone recognizes my knack for color coordinating!
So here's how it works:
Here are the rules of this award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Here are my buddies:
Julie Anne Lindsey http://blog.juliealindsey.com/
Amy Spalding http://www.theamyspalding.com/
Nikki Brandyberry http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/
Gabriela Lessa http://aspiringwriterworld.blogspot.com/
T. Rommel Blossom http://www.myblossomingmind.blogspot.com/
7 Random Facts:
1. I love 80's music and 90's hip/hop rap and shake what my momma didn't give me...a butt.
2. I once took an art test in a magazine and even scored an interview with an art school in CA but never made it.
3. I love eating cold Thin Mint cookies dunked in Peanut Butter!
4. I was a cheerleader in HS and while most don't think it's a sport, it totally is!
5. I'm a Leo and while we love attention and the spotlight, I myself love the thought of it all but get shy and nervous when it actually comes time to put myself out there.
6. Most of my friends thought I was a complete b**** when they met me becuase I'm super shy when meeting new poeple but once I'm in I can talk your ear off for an hour.
7. When I was a kid I was told that if I did too many cartwheels my kidneys would turn upside down and to this day I still believe it and tell my daughter the same thing.