Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Countdown

I've been a little MIA lately and I'm sorry. Life away from writing has kept me busy. It's the start of baseball/softball season at my house while indoor soccer still lingers. I'm actually counting down the days till summer vacation so I can at least cross homework off our nightly routine.

While life is still happening so is my writing life. Currently, I'm stuck in editing world with two (yes I said two) manuscripts that need my attention. Both are scheduled to release next year. Yet I have to keep in mind that Ice Princess, my first YA, is coming out this year. April 29th. 5 DAYS!

Waiting for it to release I kind of feel like a I'm waiting in line to see the dentist. Completely necessary, yet I could come out on the other side happy or sad. And a dose of drugs sure could help!

But seriously, no matter what, I'm over the moon with excitement. I did it. I set out to be a published writer and I'm doing it. My only hope is that everyone enjoys my book as much as I enjoyed writing it for you.

Here's a little something to hold you over until next week (BTW, once it releases, I will be posting like crazy all the details):
Mya Newman never minded the routine or quiet that came with living in a small country town like Honey Creek, Ohio. For her senior year, she craved something exciting to happen instead of it melting into a cookie cutter routine like the previous years.
When a new girl, Audrey Moore, moves to Honey Creek, Mya finds herself caught in a triangle. She discovers hidden feelings for her best friend, Michael Graves, but he seems to have eyes for the new girl.
After Mya’s father becomes ill and eventually passes, she turns to her best friend, Michael. Never leaving her side, she can’t help but wonder if he’d rather be elsewhere. With fear of rejection and loss of friendship, Mya decides she can’t confess her recently discovered feelings.
When Michael and Mya share a dance at the Winter Formal, does she confess her true feelings for him? Or does she shy away, forever longing to be the princess who finds her prince?

For those of you that review YA, I've got an ARC copy waiting to send you. Leave me a comment with your email and web address (so I can check you out) and I will send you a copy.

Thank you again for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment