Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NaNoWrimo begins in 7 days!

I love how the NaNoWrimo website has a counter reminding participants when it begins. Honestly, how could we forget.

Like last year, I'm participating. Yikes! I know. What am I thinking? Didn't I just have a baby? Am I not in the process of some major work for TMP? Have I lost my mind?

Absolutely yes to all questions.

I can't help it. There's something about signing up and committing myself to this event that motivates me. And this year, I've roped a good writer bestie into trying it again. *looks at Julie Anne Lindsey*

Whatever happened to my NaNo from last year, you ask. Well, nothing except it's gathering computer dust. But don't worry. I have plans for that novel that time hasn't allowed me to finish it up yet.

What's going to make this year different? Easy. I've signed a contract stating that I will have a finished manuscript that will be ready for edits next year. Double Yikes!

Never fear because I'm not. Unlike last year, I've outlined (gasps) this novel out which is something I never do. Ever!

But the main reason I'm jazzed to participate this year is because I love the creative process of writing. I love throwing my words to paper and seeing what happens and lately I haven't allowed myself any writing time. I've been busy editing books due out this year and next.

Oh yeah, and there was that pregnancy thing which sucked my creative juices!

Are you doing NaNo this year? If so, how are you feeling? Is it your first time? Or are you an old pro and can offer some tips for those of us still figuring it all out.

I'd love to hear from you. I also hope to keep you current on my progress. And sent me a message or leave me one and let us know how you're doing. After all, we could all use a little encouragement during those days in the middle when the end seems so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment