Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

5 Nuts for Pushing The Limits













Blurb from Pushing The Limits from GoodReads:
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


First off, I saw this book everywhere and people were talking about it but I didn't have time so I added it to my TBR list. Then I attended the Reader Author Get Together in Cincy back the second weekend in June and Katie was slotted to attend as a special guest.

Okay, I'm totally going to geek out on you.

When I arrive with my donated gift baskets, I was standing in line behind her. I didn't know it was "her" until I saw her gift. Then, Saturday morning, I sit down to breakfast with some co-workers and a few ladies I didn't know and BOOM Katie is sitting with us. I kept it cool and we talked about our kids, our love of donuts (because the hotel kept running out of them at the buffet) and where we were from. Which turns out, the other ladies I didn't know where also from Missouri! They live like 20 minutes from me.

Anywho, I had to buy her book and have her sign it. And I did. And I started reading it that night and couldn't put it down. BTW, I stayed up until 2:30 and needed to be up by 5ish to drive 5.5 hours back home. And even on the drive home, I couldn't let the story rest. I kept replaying scenes and I honestly think that's how I arrive back home so fast.

I had to finish that book!

I loved it! I absorbed every word until I moved onto the next. Love, love, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment