Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Organization Station

I'm still amazed how much technology I've surrounded myself with. I blame my husband and love him for it all at the same time. I'm by no means a tech savvy person. Far from it. Yet, I rely completely on my phone, my hands free in the car, my eReader and my DVR (girl loves her books and TV!) . Ask me how they work and I can't help but stare, trying to keep the drool from forming.

I can sit at my house and conduct business with just my phone. My phone! And I don't have to talk to anyone. Except myself. I rely so heavily on my smart phone I almost feel naked when I don't have it.

Even with all this technology at my fingertips, I can't help, lately, feel completely unorganized. Sure, I have 3 calendars feeding into my phone, apps to Twitter and Facebook on there but as for my day-to-day work contacts I fall short.

I may have mentioned how I do review and admin work for Turquoise Morning Press and a big part of my job is working with the authors directly. Constant contact. And when I'm out and about, I love being able to handle an issue from my phone with a simple email. But with all the authors we have I find I do not have hardly anyone in my phone or even stored in my address book through my email. Weird, I know but I think when I started I threw myself into my work, I didn't give myself enough time to add everybody. I probably figured I'd eventually add them.

So, in honor of some late spring, early summer cleaning and the fact I don't have a full-time day job anymore, I can proudly state I've added all of my authors' emails and some cell phone numbers into my phone. *bows* So while I'm at Target (my favorite place) I can easily send author So-and So an email without having to run home in front of my computer and search my excel files for my list of email addresses.

I may not understand how some devices work but now I know I moving in the right direction on how to correctly use it!

Please tell me I'm not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment