Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

You've probably already read your share of posts on the new year and resolutions.  Well, I don't plan on making any resolutions this year.  More like goals.  Writing goals.

I can start off by saying I resolve to lose weight.  We both know that won't happen and all I'll do is let myself down.  But this isn't about me.  This is about my writing.

Over the past several years, I've learned so much about writing that I'm scared to pull out one of my earlier works and review it.  Yikes!  It's like in a scary movie when the girl sneaks up on the closed door and, knowing she shouldn't look but the erie music is making her.  Until she pushes open the door and lets out a blood curdling scream.  Yeah, that's what it would be like.

So, like last year, I will take another writing class or do something to increase my knowledge on becoming a better writer.  Honing my craft, if you will.

Next, I will write everyday.  Blog posts (I'm on two so far), chapters or even idea plotting.  Anything to keep me going. 

My thoughts are to set attainable goals.  Why make all these grand gestures and fail and then feel like crap?  Honestly, the publishing industry is hard enough.

I'm curious to find out what you're plans are for the new year.  Resolutions? 

3 comments:

  1. My resolutions for 2012:
    1. Resist temptation to pull down people's pants the rest of the way from their knees.
    2. take down my Christmas tree before March.
    3. Finish writing a book or two.
    4. eat less doritos and more cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer you are too funny! My tree is still up. I need to finish writing this book and I'd rather have the Doritos than cheesecake.
    Can't wait to meet at Lori's~!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. We're going to have soo much fun. My current WIP is kicking my butt big time. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete