Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop

My dear friend Ruth J. Hartman invited me to participate in this hop. I have to admit. I'm still new to hopping!

But here is how it goes.

Then give a short description of your WIP/Release including the date of release. Then answer these five questions:

My Brother’s Wedding, August 2013
Contemporary Romance, Sweet
Next Door Category line

Allison Daughtry is catapulted into a past life when she returns to her childhood home to attend 4 her brother’s wedding. Bombarded with memories of a night she’d shared with Ryan Johnson, 5 her reason for leaving and forever crush, she attempts to navigate her feelings while maintaining 6 a fake romantic relationship with her best friend. Complicated emotions surface and Allison 7 struggles to remember what’s real.

For all release information, you can check out the bookstore at TMP (http://www.turquoisemorningpressbookstore.com/collections/latest-releases) or visit my website at jenandersonauthor.com (http://jenandersonauthor.com/books.php). I blog about releases and do reviews at musingsfromthepeanutgallery.blogspot.com (http://musingsfromthepeanutgallery.blogspot.com/).


1)When writing are you a snacker?  Let’s put it this way, even as I’m writing this, I’m snacking on Nut-Thins.  If so, sweet or salty? I’m an equal opportunity snacker. My favorite, trail mix has both.

2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? When I first started out, I was all about writing and the story would come to me. Well, as I’ve matured and developed better writing habits, I find that I plan more. Not really an outline but bullet points and form some sort of structure. I have a friend that will write a 10 page outline. Cripes! That’s a lot of words! Are they real pants or jammies? Neither. I kid! Usually real pants but I’m more creative with no pants.

3)When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it? It depends. Baking, I follow the recipe. I’m not the best when it comes to baking, even cookies. But when I’m cooking something new, I’ll scan the recipe to get the idea and then head out on my own. I LOVE to cook and watch countless hours of Food Network and can memorize a recipe just by watching a show.

4) What is next for you after this book? For the first time in a long time, I don’t have a deadline to meet or a release to prepare. Besides working my part-time day job, I’m currently working on a New Adult. I love reading the genre and since I normally write Young Adult, except for My Brother’s Wedding, I thought I’d give the genre a try since it isn’t too far of a stretch from my norm.

5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land? I haven’t made that jump into steamy romance or YA. Not that I oppose of it at all. In fact, some of my favorite books are pretty dirty (wink, wink). My Brother’s Wedding would fall around a 1. More than hand holding but the kisses don’t lead to the bedroom.

And then your summer recipe!
In the summer, I’m all about making homemade salsa and the summer time lends itself some great vegetables.
Throw into either a food processor or an electric chopper, 1 jalapeƱo (seeds will make it hotter so you need to decide if you want mild or spicy), 1 clove of garlic, ½ of an onion, 4-5 medium size tomatoes cut into chunks (remember to remove the core), a handful of cilantro, a generous sprinkle of sea salt (I like course salt), and the juice of a fresh lime. Serve and enjoy!

I’ve also made this trying out different types of peppers. It’s all about finding what tastes you like. Also, make sure the tomatoes are ripe. If you can’t find good beefsteaks, try roma or even cherry (obviously increase the amount). I also make a batch without cilantro because my family isn’t a fan.

To check out my friend Ruth, visit her blog.   To read about this hop, visit Avon.

If you're a blogger and writer and would like to participate, please let me know and I'll add a link to your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment