Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Review: The Wedding Rescue by Megan Kelly



The Wedding Rescue was a delightfully sweet and funny read. As soon as we learn about the slightly irritated attraction Jack Walker has for his soon-to-be sister-in-law, Lexi, I was curious to find out how the entire story was going to play out, especially with Jack in-lust for her sister, Grace. Did I mention Grace and Lexi are twins!

Megan Kelly did a wonderful job of making a kind of unreal situation work out and be completely manageable leaving me utterly satisfied with my HEA. I also greatly appreciated that she didn’t make it where everybody was fooled by the rouse, especially the father. And the crazy uncle was great. I can’t get enough of a story that adds a little humor with a crabby relative because we all have them. I love snark in my books! A+!

The Wedding Rescue isn’t just a sweet romance. No! There is an element of mystery/suspense mixed in. Nicely done amping up the creep factor. From the first chapters, you can see the love Lexi has for Jack’s daughter and I think that element added a realness to the book. Often kids are involved and keeping it true to human nature is always a plus in my book. I am curious to find out if Ms. Kelly will have a spin-off book involving the cousin and brother. I’d be the first in line to read that as well.

The Wedding Rescue is nice mix of a yummy rancher, sweet intentions and funny circumstances.

Amazon

Barnes and Noble
 
Create Space (print copy)

Smashwords
 
iBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment