Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Submissions: The slush trudging continues

Several months ago, I mentioned entering the slush pile with a New Adult series. Well, I'm still waist deep, sloshing along. Kids, holidays and a part-time gig can get in the way of your forward motion, but just remember, do a little as you go and you should be fine.

This is where I found myself today. Submitting to a few more places and keeping track on an excel sheet. Organization is always helpful. You don't want to sub to the same place twice.

Well, today I shared a link with a friend who is also looking towards new possibilities. You'd think that once we became published, all our writing would get accepted by everyone. Well, no. And unagented writers may have more hills to climb. But if you are in good with a press, your chances are better.

I'd like to help you achieve your dream with additional information.

Ever wonder if there is a list of agents. Like some magical entity, like the Holy Grail, that you have to climb and dig and cheat to find. Okay, it's not that dramatic, but there is a list. Well, there are probably several, but I like Writer's Digest. I simply save a link to my bookmarks and each time I click on it, the information has been updated.

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/new-agency-alerts

Okay, you can oooh and aaaaah!

Good luck and please, share with us any tips. We aren't competitors unless we've written the exact same story. Writers need to help each other out, because one thing might work with one and not the other.


Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment