Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Over My Shoulder by Wendi Zwaduk

I want to thank Jennifer for having me on the blog today. It’s always fun to hang out with one of my favorite people. I love working with her and hope we continue to do so for a long, long time.
(ditto, babe!)

I titled this post Over My Shoulder for a reason. I recently wrote a New Adult series, the Complicated series for Resplendence Publishing. New Adult, if you don’t know what it is, is a category of books featuring new to adulthood characters. Millenials. First real romance, first stab at life on their own, the ache of the real world imposing on their realities...stuff like that. All of my stories in this series are hot stories. Okay, they’re erotic. Great for readers, not so great when the kid is visiting and reading over my shoulder.

( attribution: By Adam Jones, Ph.D. (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons)

For the pictures in this post, I intentionally chose images of people I don’t know rather than my own kid. Why? I’m funny that way and a tad overprotective.

( attribution: By Irving Rusinow, Photographer (NARA record: 5307166) (U.S. National Archives and Records Administration) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons)

But this was about the tot, as I refer to him, reading over my shoulder.  Here’s the story. I’m writing away, typing at a furious pace because the story is flowing. It’s going great! Lots of word count, lots of typing...then I hear a noise. Now I’m in the middle of a hot scene. I won’t get into details, but yeah, it was steamy. The noise is back. What the heck...? I didn’t see anyone coming when I turned around. Focus on my work? Keep looking? It’s only the tot and me at the house.
That’s when I heard giggling.
Aw crap. I’ve not only been spotted, but I’ve been caught.
“Mom, what does that word mean?” Tot trots into the room and plops onto the couch beside me. “Huh?”
I forgot to mention I’m a tad unorthodox in my writing venue. I’m not a coffee house writer or a book store writer. I sit on the couch and listen to white noise from the television. Yeah, I’m accessible that way, too.
“Uh... which word?” I asked him.
“That one.” He points to a word for men’s reproductive organs. You’ve probably guessed which word.
Now, I could’ve said, it’s none of your business or shoo. I could’ve chewed him out for showing up right when things were getting good in the story. What did I do? I said, “it’s a word for man bits. It’s not one I want you to repeat, but you’ve got one.”
He laughed, rolled his eyes, then wandered away to play video games. I thought I was out of the woods. Cool. I can start the story back up and keep going.
Nope.
That’s when I found out he’d trotted upstairs and informed DH. “Mom said this word.”
I hadn’t actually. I thought I’d been pretty eloquent considering. What response did I get? “Don’t write that stuff when he’s awake...”
I’ve been writing erotic stories for the last six years. This was the first time I got into trouble, but I’m sure it won’t be the last. I’m not worried about what happened. He’s a kid and asks questions. I’m betting he stunned DH with his revelation that he’d read over my shoulder.
Have you ever gotten into a situation like mine? How’d you handle it? I’d love to know. J
Here’s a little bit about that book I was working on, Stealing Home. Check it out. It might be your next favorite read.


Stealing Home by Wendi Zwaduk
Book 3 in the Complicated Series
M/F, New Adult Romance, Contemporary
Novella
From Resplendence Publishing

The last person she expected to fall for her just might be the one she’s been looking for all along.

Bliss McMahon isn’t looking for love. She’s got a degree to complete and a life she wants to live. Besides, love isn’t looking for her. The last and only time she’d tried dating, the whole situation had ended in disaster. Being twenty-one and never going beyond second base doesn’t exactly endear her to the guys, but the one guy she never expected to notice her has. Will she give him a shot or run the other way?

Evan Phillips has a way with the ladies. He can charm them just as easily as he hits homeruns, but this ballplayer has a problem. He won’t be able to pass art history without help. Enter Bliss. Sure, he’s dated her roommate, and yes, Bliss can’t stand him, but he’s not about to back down from the challenge of getting her help. She’s spunky, out of his league and just who he wants. Can the ballplayer convince Bliss he’s up for more than one inning or will she forfeit before the game begins?

He’s ready to steal home in order to win the woman of his dreams.

Warning: Contains a dangerous combination of fragile new love, bone-deep angst and desperate rivalry that will consume you with throbbing, out-of-control passion.

And here’s a little bit about Wendi:
I’ve always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line.  I love playing with words and letting the characters run wild.

NASCAR, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, animals and second chance romance  all feature prominently in my books.  I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Totally Bound, Resplendence Publishing, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and Ellora’s Cave. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  

If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!
Email: theauthorwendizwaduk (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog:  http://www.wendizwaduk.net/
Wordpress blog: http://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/
Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk-Megan-Slayer/195277927167481

Newsletter sign up:  http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

No comments:

Post a Comment