Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

5 Nuts for The Reese Malcolm List

I might be a little biased since the author is a dear friend but I can honestly say I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!

And look at that great cover! Well done, Ames!

Here's the blurb from GoodReads:
Things I know about Reece Malcolm:

1. She graduated from New York University.
2. She lives in or near Los Angeles.
3. Since her first novel was released, she’s been on the New York Times bestseller list every week.
4. She likes strong coffee and bourbon.
5. She’s my mother.

Devan knows very little about Reece Malcolm, until the day her father dies and she’s shipped off to live with the mother she’s never met. All she has is a list of notebook entries that doesn’t add up to much.

L.A. offers a whole new world to Devan—a performing arts school allows her to pursue her passion for show choir and musicals, a new circle of friends helps to draw her out of her shell, and an intriguing boy opens up possibilities for her first love.

But then the Reece Malcolm list gets a surprising new entry. Now that Devan is so close to having it all, can she handle the possibility of losing everything?



Ms. Spalding has done a fantastic job of making you love Devan. Even if you weren't a show choir/drama geek like some of us, you will instantly want to sign up for the next community theater production of Grease but you will also root for her and the relationship with her mother. I love her tough attitude when dealing with being the new kid in school. Heck, I've been there and I only wish I had half the guts to not care what people thought. 

Yet, there's this vulnerable side to her that she doesn't share with anybody. She's still a girl who's lost her dad and now is forced to live with a mother she thought didn't want her. Man, tough stuff and Amy sucked me in and I couldn't help but love Devan. 

I have a special place in my heart for Devan and thank you Amy for bringing these characters to life and a big thank you for the kissing. Who doesn't love kissing?

To keep up on all things Amy Spalding and her next release, Ink is Thicker than Water, visit here at theamyspalding.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment